brash bumping his gums

Started by kevplumb, January 31, 2023, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

i see our prospective MP is blaming tory rule for the rise in council tax (nothing new there)
what i don't understand is how the clowns in the kremlin can set a budget then get a million more than they expected and still have to bounce the council tax payer.
should be put out to grass the lot of them
thought a new leader was going to break eggs with sticks
some hope
he is as bad as the rest
and the sheep just keep following >:( >:( >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

seaton

I can?t see our current MP being re elected, It will be between Labour and Reform U.K. and as a large majority voted Brexit I dread to say Reform U.K. could, people don?t appear to realise they are more right wing than the Tories.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I'm not sure that Brash is quite as popular as he thinks he is ...

seaton

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 04, 2023, 12: PM
I'm not sure that Brash is quite as popular as he thinks he is ...

Unfortunately Brash would be a voice in the wilderness if elected as an MP, I fear we will have a Reform U.K. MP again it would be another voice in the wilderness, I think both similar to our current MP, once elected like the others do nought for Hartlepool.

kevplumb

Quote from: seaton on February 04, 2023, 09: AM
I can?t see our current MP being re elected, It will be between Labour and Reform U.K. and as a large majority voted Brexit I dread to say Reform U.K. could, people don?t appear to realise they are more right wing than the Tories.
i do hope your wrong for all our sakes
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

seaton

Quote from: kevplumb on February 05, 2023, 10: AM
Quote from: seaton on February 04, 2023, 09: AM
i do hope your wrong for all our sakes

If I was a gambler I would bet if Reform U.K. had a candidate backed by Farage they would walk it, I can never understand what people see in Farage.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Rumours are that Tice could stand for Reform.

tisme

Do HPool people really want their town to be the headlines for 24 hours, and on politics shows eg Politics NE/ Politics Live/Andrew Neil Show, as the ONLY constituency in the UK to elect an out of date kipper as their MP ?? Seriously...??...Well past his 'sell by date'..And no, we dont want an invisible Tory either !

Lucy Lass-Tick

Who knows? Time will tell. Oddly enough, a few months ago some media outlets were also suggesting that Johnson (should he remain in parliament) might stand in a red wall seat - and Hartlepool was mentioned as a possibility. Could be interesting.

tisme

Johnson..?? In HPool..?? No way.  He wont leave London/Belgravia/Kensington/WMinster/The Palace and his wealthy City mates for a town 'up north'.  Its a lovely town, no getting away from that.  But nothing and nobody would entice me away from London if I lived there.  Please, please, people, dont cast ONE vote for Tice.  Send him on his way like last time.  It would be HELL having reporters from everywhere descending on the town and questioning people whilst they, with a smirk on their face, denigrated, sniggered at, laughed at HPool people.