Developers best friend Hartlepool Council

Started by pieface, October 01, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieface

This article shows just how badly HBC manage planning, are a developers best friend and mismanage funds they receive for each new property built..

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/hartlepool-deathtrap-road-could-see-someone-killed-or-maimed-say-residents-calling-for-action-1-9370249

Lucy Lass-Tick

I suspect that there's a bit of electioneering behind this article.

pieface

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 01, 2018, 07: PM
I suspect that there's a bit of electioneering behind this article.

Agreed given who is associated with chair of the mentioned residents association and the closing paragraph about there being no money available but not mentioning how much HBC actually got so far for such a big development and putting the blame on it being the responsibility of the developer to improve safety etc

seaton

Drivers are constantly racing down from Sainsbury's to see what speed they can make the illuminated speed sign go upto. Would some one tell me what purpose  those illuminated signs actually serve. They have made one improvement, installed a lay-by just past the sharp right turn although I could never understand why people parked their cars on Merlin Way in the first place when they have parking behind their properties although laziness comes to mind.

ReturntoZenda

My God, it's nauseating to see the political posturing and positioning going on with the two Labour factions, nowhere more so than in Hart. The Kendon mafia truly are trying to get their tentacles into every facet of life in the ward, ably assisted by Mr Smug-Brash. All of a sudden those of us in Clavering are being educated about the decades that Ms Kendon has been a visionary crusader fighting for the very souls of local residents, when in reality its been a momentum-lite series of self-appointments and creeping infiltration. If there is a god, he will ensure that Aileen becomes the new Ann Marshall, only without the eventual 'happy ending'.

pieface

Quote from: seaton on October 02, 2018, 03: AM
Drivers are constantly racing down from Sainsbury's to see what speed they can make the illuminated speed sign go upto. Would some one tell me what purpose  those illuminated signs actually serve. They have made one improvement, installed a lay-by just past the sharp right turn although I could never understand why people parked their cars on Merlin Way in the first place when they have parking behind their properties although laziness comes to mind.

Major HBC housing planning schemes never think about parking facilities needed just a rulebook they can hide behind and also how much money can they make from it. Family housing being built with one car parking space and  absolutely no visitor parking facilities, getting to and from a parking space is hard to squeeze through

Inspector Knacker

The new brooms appear no different to the old brooms, constantly in the limelight and blowing their own trumpet.
So, the only change will be in the dynasty, same old tune, same old ending so everything appears to change, but stays the same.
A new act on the stage at the 'Visions' cabaret club, as the two comedians leave the stage, or will they?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Bluenose

I would assume the no resources  available  means that the Section 106 fees were spent elsewhere or no S 106 was prepared as part of the development 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Bluenose on October 02, 2018, 01: PM
I would assume the no resources  available  means that the Section 106 fees were spent elsewhere or no S 106 was prepared as part of the development

Waived again?