Transport infrastructure.

Started by Inspector Knacker, January 19, 2020, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on January 31, 2020, 09: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 31, 2020, 04: PM
Quote from: eddy on January 31, 2020, 02: PM

Re: The sale to EDF, they did pay for it, fair and square, and can now charge us for fixing our assets and building us new ones. 
Thank you for demolishing your own argument for me. As for your anonymous friends 'analogy', I'll give you one.....if you sell you car to a taxi driver and he arrives a month later to take you to the railway station in your ex car, he expects to be paid.ta
The "nasty" europeans havent been maliciously fleecing the UK population in train fares, they are operating within the profit and turn over parameters of our own government who set the terms of the franchise. 
With the excess profits they make they are able to cross subsidise their home market fares ta, again.
We are the vicious whore of europe who wants them to give her everything yet at the same time wants to punch them in face. 
'vicious whore of Europe' my a*#e. Here we go again, fantasy party dogma quotes from the land of nod. I await a quick 'capitalist running dogs' quote anytime soon. What shift have they put you on by the way?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Quote from: kevplumb on February 01, 2020, 09: AM
t back to the topic https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/people/ps15-million-approved-try-boost-capacity-hartlepool-railway-station-1381729 ;D

'Leader of Hartlepool Council Councillor Shane Moore added: "People are often surprised to learn that Hartlepool is the busiest single platform station in the country and really needs investment to increase the capacity to allow services to grow.'

The key is the phrase 'single platform'. A town of our size  should not have single-platform working.

And:

'Other projects include redevelopment of the railway station at Teesside International Airport'

Good luck with that one.  I believe that station has some sort of record for the least number of passengers a year and you need a shuttle bus to get you to the airport buildings.

Inspector Knacker

That's why I'll be voting for him in May. Does what he says he'll do.
As for the Labour candidate here's two lines from the Gazette...'Jessie Joe says her campaign will focus on regeneration, transport, good quality jobs and communities.
She is also inviting communities to have their say with her people's manifesto.'

Who are these communities....? More important, who speaks for them?
All a bit vague and woolly.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 01, 2020, 12: PM
That's why I'll be voting for him in May. Does what he says he'll do.

It is Grand Central who are trying to get the 2nd platform at Hartlepool. Its nowt to do with politicians.

eddy

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 01, 2020, 07: AM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 31, 2020, 04: PM
Quote from: eddy on January 31, 2020, 02: PM

Re: The sale to EDF, they did pay for it, fair and square, and can now charge us for fixing our assets and building us new ones. 
Thank you for demolishing your own argument for me. As for your anonymous friends 'analogy', I'll give you one.....if you sell you car to a taxi driver and he arrives a month later to take you to the railway station in your ex car, he expects to be paid.ta
The "nasty" europeans havent been maliciously fleecing the UK population in train fares, they are operating within the profit and turn over parameters of our own government who set the terms of the franchise. 
With the excess profits they make they are able to cross subsidise their home market fares ta, again.
We are the vicious whore of europe who wants them to give her everything yet at the same time wants to punch them in face. 
'vicious whore of Europe' my a*#e. Here we go again, fantasy party dogma quotes from the land of nod. I await a quick 'capitalist running dogs' quote anytime soon. What shift have they put you on by the way?

I love how you think you are in some way right or have won the argument! Suppose this is the post-truth age

I also enjoy the number of pre-conceptions and assumptions you can make about me, my views and my intelligence based on the fact I dare to not be a conservative supporter! Do you have a hand book of lefty insults you can refer to?

I am bored, you are clearly set in your ways and unable to see any other point of view, least of all some commie scum like me

eddy

Quote from: akarjl2 on February 01, 2020, 06: AM
I agree with you regarding British Rail....we should learn to operate trains the way the way the Dutch do. I can get from Amsterdam Schipol to Gronighen for 44 Euro first class new rolling stock with free wifi and tea/coffee. similar distance =60+ quid Hartlepool to Manchester cattle class......lucky to get a seat.....and trains constantly cancelled/delayed.

It can be done but the so called rail operators here are incapable of managing a hole in their arses.

Speak for yourself....

Oddly you have just described labours approach to ANYONE running their own business. ;) Luckily the electorate did not believe Comrade Corby.. Get over it. Labour failed, The conservatives won and we are out of Europe. It is a new world.

Re: the EU, I am over it, for better or worse we will all learn if Nige and his mates were right. I ain't the type to take a sh!t on democracy either, the cat is out of the bag and has to have its fair turn. I wouldn't presume I stand for all the Corbyn et al preach about, people aren't so mono tone. Some on here could do with remembering that some times, in the same way I don't think anyone who voted brexit is a massive screaming racist

Putting brexit to one side you have to admit it's an odd situation

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on February 01, 2020, 05: PM

I love how you think you are in some way right or have won the argument!
I'd hardly indulge in debate if I thought I was wrong would I? If you don't believe in what your debating, really what's the point..?

Suppose this is the post-truth age
post-truth age?....oh dear....oh dear, oh dear.

I also enjoy the number of pre-conceptions and assumptions you can make about me, my views and my intelligence based on the fact I dare to not be a conservative supporter!
'dare not to be a conservative'...... sorry, what on earth are you talking about?

Do you have a hand book of lefty insults you can refer to?
No, but I suspect you do.

I am bored, you are clearly set in your ways and unable to see any other point of view,
just like you then.

least of all some commie scum like me
OK I give up, who's writing your scripts, Wolfy Smith?

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on February 01, 2020, 10: AM
Quote from: kevplumb on February 01, 2020, 09: AM
t back to the topic https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/people/ps15-million-approved-try-boost-capacity-hartlepool-railway-station-1381729 ;D

'Leader of Hartlepool Council Councillor Shane Moore added: "People are often surprised to learn that Hartlepool is the busiest single platform station in the country and really needs investment to increase the capacity to allow services to grow.'

The key is the phrase 'single platform'. A town of our size  should not have single-platform working.

And:

'Other projects include redevelopment of the railway station at Teesside International Airport'

Good luck with that one.  I believe that station has some sort of record for the least number of passengers a year and you need a shuttle bus to get you to the airport buildings.
correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember we did have 2 years ago there was a bridge over the line when I was a lad in the old days when the radio worked on steam as well   ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Hubris

Could someone translate eddy's post please.

seaton

A bridge would be a good idea to open up a second platform but there would need to be access for the Disabled ?

mk1

Quote from: seaton on February 02, 2020, 03: AM
A bridge would be a good idea to open up a second platform but there would need to be access for the Disabled ?

There was a lift. The bonus of a second platform would be access to the other side of the rail line and an extra footway into Church Street. This was (is?) the Grand Central plan and as usual politicians are leaping in to try and claim all the credit

akarjl2

Given the expansion of services at Tees Airport a Tees Airport rail station actually AT Tees Airport would be of more benefit than a second platform at Aaartlepoool.....particularly with flights soon to be going to London City.

Cue "ah yes but what about the disabled pensioners with rail cards who want to go to the Metro/Boro/York and wander round aimlessly? - They need a bridge!"

If you want jobs in the area you need to make it easy for business people to commuted to from area quickly.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on February 02, 2020, 05: AM
Quote from: seaton on February 02, 2020, 03: AM

There was a lift. The bonus of a second platform would be access to the other side of the rail line and an extra footway into Church Street. This was (is?) the Grand Central plan and as usual politicians are leaping in to try and claim all the credit
To put it in context, The Grand Central Plan was a a wish list on their part. I don't disagree with it, but they weren't paying for it.
Those who have to organise the funding make it happen. You never complained this much about politicians claiming the credit even when the Bash Street Kids were in charge and their chubby faces were in the paper on a daily basis.

Truthache

Quote from: akarjl2 on February 02, 2020, 06: AM
Given the expansion of services at Tees Airport a Tees Airport rail station actually AT Tees Airport would be of more benefit than a second platform at Aaartlepoool.....particularly with flights soon to be going to London City.

Cue "ah yes but what about the disabled pensioners with rail cards who want to go to the Metro/Boro/York and wander round aimlessly? - They need a bridge!"

If you want jobs in the area you need to make it easy for business people to commuted to from area quickly.

Anybody who has ever needed to commute (North or South), will have experienced the delays caused by trains having to wait outside the station, whilst waiting for the single platform to clear.  Two platforms would help improve reliability and minimise delays for commuters.  The southbound platform should be redeveloped with access for wheelchair users.  Hopefully any ramps won't be as steep as at Eaglescliffe which Tanni Grey-Thompson regularly has to battle with.  I hope it happens soon.