We made the 'Top Ten' again...

Started by mk1, September 26, 2019, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Lord Elpus

I'm 70 next year and I can't remember it ever being any different as far as poverty and deprivation is concerned.

Steve Latimer always said that many of the problems facing Hartlepool could be solved by jobs.  I agree with him.

Successive governments of all colours have failed to take bold enough action to bring those jobs and encourage employers to stay here.   Only radical action from the very top can change this, I doubt it will ever happen.

Little wonder so many young people leave the area as soon as they can.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on September 26, 2019, 04: PM
I'm 70 next year and I can't remember it ever being any different as far as poverty and deprivation is concerned.

The decline of Hartlepool set in after WW1 and  the town has never recovered. People think the unemployment started in the  60's and mid-war there were Government schemes where grants were given to locals who moved to other areas for work. I think the problem is bigger than any 'Council' we ever elect as it will need decades just to halt the decline and start on recovery program.  No Council thinks that far ahead because any party that told the truth will never get elected. Thats we we have all the crazy masterplans. They never work and everyone knows they never work.

Land Phil

It doesn't help that TVCA is investing in shoddy Hartlepool pavements and plant pots.

No sign of real jobs.

Going around in circles.