Another 10k to Councillor Thompson projects I noticed.

Started by notinshadow, April 30, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Another 10k to Councillor Thompson projects I noticed.

5k H.F.F. 5k Seaton park for some flower beds for the kids to destroy..

Everyone has their price!!

christine blakey

Where is the money from?

What does it aim to do?

Please note that flower beds are a must for all areas during spring and summer so maybe the emphasis should be that this is not for a particular Councillor, it is about the needs of the residents.  The real winner for any Councillor or resident will be engaging the people of the area to protect it all, and not to get destroyed.  If that happens I would be happy that the money goes there or in any ward.

notinshadow

Quote from: christine blakey on April 30, 2012, 06: PM
Where is the money from?

Us I would have thought one way or the other..

What does it aim to do?

Help them to help themselves again I would have thought.

Please note that flower beds are a must for all areas during spring and summer so maybe the emphasis should be that this is not for a particular Councillor,

I wouldn't have said a must but yes they look pretty..

Odd a few days before voting time this should appear..

it is about the needs of the residents.

Since when..never mattered what we thought in the past, we are just the mugs paying for it all.

The real winner for any Councillor or resident will be engaging the people of the area to protect it all,

Fingers down throat..

and not to get destroyed.  If that happens I would be happy that the money goes there or in any ward.

So would everyone else but we don't all live in wonderland.

dangerman

If the children of the community are involved in the planting then they take ownership, It's worked in all areas of the town quiet successfully I might add.

The difference it makes in the area is there to be seen by all, money well spent if it's done properly.

notinshadow

Dangerman totally get what your saying and why..

Lets see how many weeks it stays nice..

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: dangerman on April 30, 2012, 09: PM
If the children of the community are involved in the planting then they take ownership,
But .... if those destroying them are not those who planted them in the first place?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

dangerman

Rather a negative view give it a try and then make comment, when flower boxes were replanted in the streets off Raby road many said it was a waste of time and money.

It went well, the kids around the area had their own piece of space many placed little ornaments in the flower beds they too were left untouched.

Muriel Boreland was at the fore-front of this and many more schemes with another pillar of the community Morris Nelson.

Both now sadly departed but leaving a legacy behind and may I add without the recognition they should have had and richly deserved.

In closing;

The community garden at the bottom of Furness street dedicated to another local campaigner is still well maintained and has not been vandalised.

steveL

I think the kids who get involved in positive schemes like this tend not to be the ones who wreck them but you should never give up trying - do that and you allow the wreckers to win.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

PAUL THOMPSON (INDEPENDENT)when Labour says so!!

"For the past two years I have been proud and honoured to serve the people of Seaton ward and believe that I have done so with the very best of residents' interests in mind.

Nothing to do with the money Niramax have paid H.F.F. for your full support then, of course going to school with one of them has nothing to do with it.

"I am a family man who lives within the ward and is very familiar with the concerns and needs of residents in the ward.

He is a family man and good one at that I guess but as for residents concerns or needs..don't take the p**s we are grown-ups.

"Everything that I promised when I was elected in 2010 has been honoured.

Like campaining to close the tip that he promised, I know I was one of the 5 mugs that signed his paperwork in the first place.

What a complete let down as a councillor he is.

"I always respond to residents problems and never shy away from difficult issues.

What a load of bollox...

"I have never voted for a council tax increase.

Maybe not but you did nothing to close the tip apart from take money on behalf of H.F.F. from them.

More recently voted to close C.A.B. to give the work to his friends at W.V.P. and no doubt in the future the Labour councillor from W.V.P. will vote in favour of H.F.F.
Did nothing to try and save the hospital as promised..

"Things are going to be tough for the town as we head towards further government funding cuts.

Even tougher if people are stupid enough to vote for him!!

"This town needs strong leadership and people who will challenge decisions made on your behalf.

Don't make me laugh.. his Labours b**ch and anyone who bothers to turn up to council meetings and see how he votes each and every time can clearly see that..
If you want to know how the guy voted on any issues then simply ask how Labour voted for the answer..

The only way Labour will win Seaton is through IndyLabs..and anyone remembering his days as presenter at R.H. can remember the slatings he gave the Tories or indeed his Labour party views, then he gives that up to be an indy..he wrongly thinks the people of Seaton carew are stupid and if you waste your vote on him you are.

If you want to vote Labour that's what you should do..if you want Indy then why waste your vote on him.

"I have shown that I am prepared to speak out and get things done."

Dear me..their are none so blind as those that do not want to see or corrupt..

notinshadow

http://www.seatonmatters.co.uk/news-items

Have a look at his website to see how much Seaton  really matters to Thompson.

If it's not election time it's of no interest to him..the facts speak for themselves.

brassed off monkey

LLTA.... i hope you don`t mind me adding this link to your post, i did as you suggested & looked at the thompson site.

This Link from that page is the onlty worthwhile item on there, there is a facility to express your opinion on the proposed extension to the Seaton Meadows Landfill Tip.

It only takes a few minutes to fill in the relevant section.

http://eforms.hartlepool.gov.uk:7777/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=90342