Jill Mortimer.

Started by seaton, July 13, 2022, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

Who is she backing for the new Tory leader ?

The Great Dictator

Lucy Lass-Tick

Not being a member of the Conservative party, I don't have a vote - but (should that be the case) Penny or Kemi would feature.

seaton

On Sky News it said Conservative Party Members might be asking their local MP who to vote for, my money would say Jill Mortimer would say Truss ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: seaton on July 21, 2022, 09: AM
On Sky News it said Conservative Party Members might be asking their local MP who to vote for, my money would say Jill Mortimer would say Truss ?

Makes no difference - now it is up to individual Conservative members to vote directly - not to influence MPs. as MPs have no further say.

seaton

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 21, 2022, 11: AM

Makes no difference - now it is up to individual Conservative members to vote directly - not to influence MPs. as MPs have no further say.

I would take that with a pinch of salt, there will lots of meetings at the local Conservative Clubs, the MPs are now on holiday and I am sure they will in attendance at the local clubs rightly or wrongly.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: seaton on July 21, 2022, 01: PM

I would take that with a pinch of salt, there will lots of meetings at the local Conservative Clubs, the MPs are now on holiday and I am sure they will in attendance at the local clubs rightly or wrongly.

You seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick. MPs have already voted in a series of ballots to reduce contenders for party leader down to two. That has now finished. MPs have already had their say. Grass roots members of the party are now the ones to choose which they prefer. Conservative clubs can say whatever they want but individuals will now decide - and this will be a private vote. Sunak seems to be the MPs' choice. Truss may be more in favour at grass roots level. Personally, I'm not impressed by either, but not being a party member I have no say in the matter.

seaton

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 21, 2022, 06: PM
Quote from: seaton on July 21, 2022, 01: PM

You seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick. MPs have already voted in a series of ballots to reduce contenders for party leader down to two. That has now finished. MPs have already had their say. Grass roots members of the party are now the ones to choose which they prefer. Conservative clubs can say whatever they want but individuals will now decide - and this will be a private vote. Sunak seems to be the MPs' choice. Truss may be more in favour at grass roots level. Personally, I'm not impressed by either, but not being a party member I have no say in the matter.

I haven?t got the wrong end of the stick, I fully understand that MPs have had their vote but as I said they will be returning to their constituencies and as I said I am sure some individuals will be asking for their opinion as they work directly with the 2 contestants and probably have different opinions on them from what you read in the media.