Consequences of Leaving the EU.

Started by seaton, June 02, 2022, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on June 22, 2022, 01: PM

Nothing to do with Brexit, we have benefitted immensely from leaving EU.

When we left EU the pound was worth one euro, now its worth 1.23 euros.

Its history pal, just let it go or move to Bulgaria and live on nettle soup.

Since the Brexit vote in 2016, the exchange rate of the pound against other leading currencies has fallen significantly. This seems to reflect a generally negative outlook among international investors for the UK?s economic prospects outside the European Union.
At the start of 2021, the pound was approximately 15% weaker relative to the euro than it was on the eve of the referendum on the UK?s membership of the European Union (EU) in June 2016. Sterling was also 20% weaker than it was when the EU Referendum Act received Royal Assent in December 2015.

The Great Dictator

The pound has risen significantly against the Dollar and Euro thats why other countries are now voting to leave EU.

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on June 24, 2022, 11: AM

The pound has risen significantly against the Dollar and Euro thats why other countries are now voting to leave EU.

The pound via the dollar, it was 1.39 June 2021 currently 1.22, I wouldn?t call that a significant rise, I couldn?t see why other countries would want to leave the EU ? The euro is currently at 1.16 falling from 1.20 in recent weeks.

seaton

The Chairman of Ryanair said this on the radio today, what a big mess brexit has turned out to be, Johnson is always going on about the number of job vacancies, it?s not because the U.K. economy is booming no the vacancies were created when the Europeans returned home and are apparently in no hurry to return.
Mr O'Leary said: "I can hire thousands of people in Portugal, in Italy, France, Germany at exactly the same wages that I'm paying in the UK and I just can't hire them in the UK at the moment.
"And we have this bizarre situation at the moment that in the UK I can get visas to bring Moroccans to come in and work as cabin crew. But I can't get visas for Portuguese or Italians or Slovakian youngsters. We just need a bit of more common sense and a practical approach to how we implement Brexit," he told BBC Radio 4.

The Great Dictator

Who gives a toss what O'Leary says or thinks ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 23, 2022, 04: PM

Who gives a toss what O'Leary says or thinks ?

When the CEO of Europes largest budget airline speaks maybe it is time for people start to listen to what he says ?

The Great Dictator

O'Leary is a rogue, a charlatan and non-British.

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 24, 2022, 01: PM

O'Leary is a rogue, a charlatan and non-British.

A business man as I said is CEO of one of the biggest budget airlines in the world, his comments cannot be ignored.

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on June 22, 2022, 01: PM

Nothing to do with Brexit, we have benefitted immensely from leaving EU.

When we left EU the pound was worth one euro, now its worth 1.23 euros.

Its history pal, just let it go or move to Bulgaria and live on nettle soup.

I think you need to check the exchange rates, it?s ?1.17, the pound has never been near ?1.23 for over 10 years,, send me a link where the 1 euro was 1 pound ?

The Great Dictator

I'll leave this instead, its a pic of a university lecturer from London whose house was raided in daylight by 4 Polish thugs using their EU access rights to this country.

seaton

Benefits, what are there, long queues at Ports/Airports because every passport now has be checked and stamped, staff shortages as the EU citizens bailed out because of the visa restrictions.
You need to keep up with exchange rates, the euro is ?1.19, the ? v the dollar has plummeted, ?119.
I think you need to stop reading the Murdoch press.
You have a problem with Bulgaria, I worked with Bulgarians not in Bulgaria or the U.K., very hard working people.

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 26, 2022, 04: PM

I'll leave this instead, its a pic of a university lecturer from London whose house was raided in daylight by 4 Polish thugs using their EU access rights to this country.
So peoples houses don?t get broken into in Hartlepool, good and bad everywhere, you appear to be a very racist person.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: seaton on July 27, 2022, 11: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 26, 2022, 04: PM

So peoples houses don?t get broken into in Hartlepool, good and bad everywhere, you appear to be a very racist person.

Admin. Note: Pleas don't pull the 'racist' card on here. The Great Dictator simply observed where the perpetrators were originally  based

The Great Dictator

Those who use the "race" card lack intelligence !