Consequences of Leaving the EU.

Started by seaton, June 02, 2022, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 27, 2022, 12: PM

Those who use the "race" card lack intelligence !
You used it twice, telling some one to go and live in Bulgaria ant attack by Polish who ever.

The Great Dictator

I think you will find if you look that I never used the words Race or Racist at all.

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 27, 2022, 03: PM

I think you will find if you look that I never used the words Race or Racist at all.

No one said you did.

eddy

Trying to discuss the pros and cons of the EU on the hallowed pages of the post forum, lol

Everything (or at least mostly everything) is the fault of the EU, even now we aren?t in it anymore.  I doubt the current arrangement will stick thou, will take a while but the majority of remain supporting younger people will need to be won over by the arguments of brexit, or benefits. I haven?t seen that many benefits thus far but the died in the wool brexit types will blame everyone except brexit because they don?t have the capacity to admit that maybe it was a lie, or that maybe they got lied too.

That said, I will wait with baited breath to be proven wrong by. The good folk of Hartlepool cannot blame the EU now for their woes, will probably take another 10 years to see if they were right to have done so in the first place

seaton

Quote from: eddy on August 08, 2022, 06: PM
Trying to discuss the pros and cons of the EU on the hallowed pages of the post forum, lol

Everything (or at least mostly everything) is the fault of the EU, even now we aren?t in it anymore.  I doubt the current arrangement will stick thou, will take a while but the majority of remain supporting younger people will need to be won over by the arguments of brexit, or benefits. I haven?t seen that many benefits thus far but the died in the wool brexit types will blame everyone except brexit because they don?t have the capacity to admit that maybe it was a lie, or that maybe they got lied too.

That said, I will wait with baited breath to be proven wrong by. The good folk of Hartlepool cannot blame the EU now for their woes, will probably take another 10 years to see if they were right to have done so in the first place

The main reason I got banned sine die from the Post FB page was because I was a remainer and criticised our MP who has disappeared of the face of the earth. Both sides told lies, Nigel Farage stood on the cosast saying we need to stop immigration unfortunately people thought he meant people crossing the channel in boats. We have fruit and vegetables rotting in the fields, shortage of labour in the hospitality industry, in the airline industry and the Care Home industry positions the British people don?t want to do but we had plenty of Europeans who did. Nothing is going to change unless the Brits want to take up the jobs previously done by the legal immigrants from the E.U.

Lucy Lass-Tick

@Seaton - have spoken with the Post's Facebook admin. team - you were NOT removed from that group for your views on Brexit. You were removed for constantly arguing with anyone who failed to share your views. Simple as that.

seaton

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on August 09, 2022, 04: PM
@Seaton - have spoken with the Post's Facebook admin. team - you were NOT removed from that group for your views on Brexit. You were removed for constantly arguing with anyone who failed to share your views. Simple as that.

TBH I can view the Post FB on my colleagues devices so not bothered albeit I thought social media was about debate, not everyone has the same views, I don?t think that is being argumentative ?
At the end of the day the admin team did not even have the courtesy to tell me I was blocked and why, at least if FB block or suspend you they tell you why, I have never known any one get a life time ban.

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: seaton on August 10, 2022, 06: AM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on August 09, 2022, 04: PM

TBH I can view the Post FB on my colleagues devices so not bothered albeit I thought social media was about debate, not everyone has the same views, I don?t think that is being argumentative ?
At the end of the day the admin team did not even have the courtesy to tell me I was blocked and why, at least if FB block or suspend you they tell you why, I have never known any one get a life time ban.

Social media 2020's edition: if you are aligned with the vast majority of the group members then anything you say no matter how argumentative is deemed proper debate, if however you are not aligned with them then any debate is seen as argumentative and you are out.  Bias is alive and well in all groups where they don't want to be reminded how they may have made a wrong decision or been embarrassed by thoses decisions coming back to bite them on their proverbial ar5e5.

seaton

I must have some friends as my post has had over a 1000 views.

seaton

I have had contact from a Norwegian Journalist, she had read my previous comments about Brexit on FB, she asked me if I had voted Leave and now regretted it. She would like to meet and interview people from Hartlepool who voted Leave and now regret it.
I am communicating through Messenger with her, she has a FB page but it?s in Norwegian unfortunately.

seaton