Consequences of Leaving the EU.

Started by seaton, June 02, 2022, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

I would normally have posted this on the FB page but since I was removed because I was argumentative, I was anti brexit and anti Tory I will post here, Yes the site is supposed to be about Hartlepool but as 70% voted leave I think it does concern Hartlepool.

A Tory with common sense! Tobias Ellwood suggests we rejoin the SM to ease the cost of living!

Brexit has now cost us ?130billion which is more than our entire contribution to the EU in 47 years!

Topcat

Do you have references to support your claim? Remember there are three kinds of lies,there are Lies,there are Damned Lies and then there are Statistics.

seaton

Quote from: Topcat on June 03, 2022, 08: AM
Do you have references to support your claim? Remember there are three kinds of lies,there are Lies,there are Damned Lies and then there are Statistics.

Tobias Ellwood is making the claim not me, ?Google? his name and there are a few articles where he is quoting this.

mr ben

seaton

Quote from: mr ben on June 04, 2022, 11: AM
well worth the price .

Can you explain the benefits of brexit apart from the current queues at Dover, having to apply for visas to travel to Europe and the U.K. fishermen being unable to sell their shellfish due to the amount of paperwork involved and veterinary inspection, Covid has buried brexit.

The Great Dictator

Finally a Tory you can agree with.

Our kids can't get a council house because all the Romanians and Poles have them....

seaton

Quote from: The Great Dictator on June 04, 2022, 02: PM

Finally a Tory you can agree with.

Our kids can't get a council house because all the Romanians and Poles have them....

No the majority retuned back home, the hospitality industry can?t fill the vacancies they left behind, there are no Council houses as councils don?t build them anymore like Hartlepool did in the 60s. They were sold of never to be replaced, builders won?t build affordable homes because there is no profit in them.

The Great Dictator

The minority returned home but now we have even bigger numbers of asylum seekers [2000 at the last count] that will be staying forever in our children's houses.

whatabouthisthen

I don't think any leaver believed that the EU would go out of its way to make life and trade for Brits and Europeans to be so difficult. It seems that they want to PUNISH us for leaving with no thoughts of the negative effects on the people of the UK & the EU. A case of let's punish the UK to discourage any other nation considering leaving. Remember, Ireland had two referenda attempts on leaving before the third one went the way the EU wanted. I seem to remember a similar thing in Denmark. This is what happens when the ruling body, the European Commission, is not a democratic organisation so they can ignore the will of the people.
I have travelled alone, from the age of twelve to the EU, the world and behind the Iron Curtain far easier than I can now to the EU. I thought that the worse the EU could do was to revert to pre-Maastricht but that's all. Remember, the EU never allowed us free travel in the EU as we never joined Schengen.
I am not certain of where we go from here but I doubt very much that rejoining the the EU is the answer. We will not get the same deal as we had and we would likely have to join the EU and Schengen. I have never had any objection to joining the Common Market but I don't think the EU will allow that without accepting the EU political and financial rules.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Also to ditch the pound in favour of the euro?

mr ben

Brexit was made hard by the goons we had delivering it ...

seaton

I would have liked to have post this on HP FB page to gauge the many brexiteers reactions, if any remainders have the courage to post it please do.

An extraordinary statistic via BBC World
at One today:
In 2008, when oil prices peaked at $144/
barrel, no one in the U.K. paid more than
120p per litre of petrol. Today, the oil
price is $113 but pump prices are 186p
litre. The crucial difference is the collapse
in sterling from $2 to $1.20 which
occurred as a direct result of BREXIT.
Oil is traded in US $
Welcome to the reality of BREXIT.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Erm ... not quite ... https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/gas-prices-us-pain-at-the-pump-no-match-for-europe/ar-AAYAU0k?ocid=uxbndlbing  PS 2008 was the year of a financial crash - one root of which lay in the sub-prime lending by US organisations.

The Great Dictator

Nothing to do with Brexit, we have benefitted immensely from leaving EU.

When we left EU the pound was worth one euro, now its worth 1.23 euros.

Its history pal, just let it go or move to Bulgaria and live on nettle soup.