Plan C/D/E?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, December 14, 2021, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Just published in the Telegraph (courtesy of the columnist Allison Pearson) - what are the odds about January 5th becoming the next lockdown date? 'Last night, I went to London for dinner. Was I worried about omicron swarming through the capital? No, I was worried about the freedom to make my own risk assessment being taken away. I was worried that my children's hopeful young adult lives are about to be blighted again after a reader, friendly with the wife of a boffin who sits on Sage, emailed to warn me that lockdown is "pencilled in for January 5", once we get through "this politically sensitive period". (How unbearably grim if so.)'

Topcat

So the anonymous friend of the anonymous wife of the anonymous boffin said so. Well it must be going to happen then.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Topcat on December 15, 2021, 08: AM
So the anonymous friend of the anonymous wife of the anonymous boffin said so. Well it must be going to happen then.

More likely that the source doesn't want it to be seen to have leaked information?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Topcat on December 15, 2021, 08: AM
It's the way of the world now, no facts, just rumour.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.