New hospital??

Started by diSme, November 11, 2021, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/opinion/columnists/i-will-continue-to-push-for-a-new-hospital-for-hartlepool-mp-jill-mortimer-3452721

No, we don't need a new hospital in 8 years time jill. We simply need our current existing hospital returned to full service, particularly the A&E....

It's not rocket science....

Muppet (or should that be puppet)
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

I'd direct your 'Muppet' comments to the 'politicians' who stood bye while it was taken away in the first place. You sound like someone criticising the fireman for being 5 minutes late while the arsonist sits on the sidelines watching the flames untouched.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 11, 2021, 08: PM
I'd direct your 'Muppet' comments to the 'politicians' who stood bye while it was taken away in the first place. You sound like someone criticising the fireman for being 5 minutes late while the arsonist sits on the sidelines watching the flames untouched.

I do indeed direct it at those who were paid off to allow it to happen, but it appears that our latest MP is just more of the same. So yeah, muppet...

Inspector Knacker

Hang about, she's making an effort which our previous MP's and the Akers Belcher axis were just bystanders..... They got years, decades and suddenly you've decided six months down the line she's not good enough.
Comedy gold.

seaton

Quote from: diSme on November 11, 2021, 04: PM
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/opinion/columnists/i-will-continue-to-push-for-a-new-hospital-for-hartlepool-mp-jill-mortimer-3452721

No, we don't need a new hospital in 8 years time jill. We simply need our current existing hospital returned to full service, particularly the A&E....

It's not rocket science....

Muppet (or should that be puppet)
Yes we do need a new hospital as both are now not fit for purpose.

eddy

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 11, 2021, 10: PM
Hang about, she's making an effort which our previous MP's and the Akers Belcher axis were just bystanders..... They got years, decades and suddenly you've decided six months down the line she's not good enough.
Comedy gold.

But did the proponents of Jill not make a lot of capital out of these "facts", everything that was ever wrong in Hartlepool is labours fault etc*.  So you would expect her to do something more than follow with more of the same ?  I look forward with baited breath to our #1 corespondent from Las Vegas sticking her cowboy boot in.....

*As this is hospital related it is super important we overly simplify, so lets spare the actual detail of the critical care reviews held by the local NHS trusts, or levels of funding provided by central gov to trust to deliver service improvements over the last 3800 days since the conservatives started pulling the strings

The Great Dictator

She's working very hard for this town, she knows she got lucky and has to do twice as much as the cartel to stay in power, she gets my vote.

eddy

There aint no cartel anymore, labour have been demolished in Hartlepool.  Some of which was of their own making and other bits were not.  Whatever has happened in the past they are currently not a force than can effect any change on the town and havent been able to for a while now.  The blame and association (right or wrong) will continue but the reality will diverge 

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 11, 2021, 10: PM
Comedy gold.
No, she's not good enough. She's a career politician FFS....

All she's doing is furthering the agenda that was set by her predecessors.

Just because time has passed, and political persuasions have changed doesn't mean that the agenda has changed.

Hartlepool needs and wants a fully functional hospital within the town, which is not what she is advocating.

You might be content with an out of town A&E, but I'm certainly not.

Have you still not managed to figure out how this works??

"It's a big club and you ain't in it"......

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: diSme on November 15, 2021, 09: PM

Hartlepool needs and wants a fully functional hospital within the town, which is not what she is advocating.

Where exactly have I advocated EVER being happy with the present situation, nowhere,  so you can retract the accusation sharpish.
I've argued against this for years and am not going to stand by and have that drivel thrown at me ever.
Your opinions change like the wind, you are proof to me you can debate with a gate post for all the good it'll do you. Some people are just incapable of reasoned argument.

'It's a big club and you ain't in it'...Would that be the 'Tetchy Club' by any chance, membership ....1.?
To quote Groucho Marx.... I would not wish to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
Talk to yourself.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on November 15, 2021, 07: PM
There aint no cartel anymore, labour have been demolished in Hartlepool.  Some of which was of their own making and other bits were not.  Whatever has happened in the past they are currently not a force than can effect any change on the town and havent been able to for a while now.  The blame and association (right or wrong) will continue but the reality will diverge
Labour were on the bridge when this happened, the planning started long before 2010, but despite having a Labour Government/ MP/ Council, it went unchallenged.
You sound like a German in 1946 saying "War? What war".... Nowt to do with us guv".
Oh well that's ok then ...airbrush set anyone?

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2021, 02: PM
Quote from: diSme on November 15, 2021, 09: PM

Where exactly have I advocated EVER being happy with the present situation, nowhere,  so you can retract the accusation sharpish.
I've argued against this for years and am not going to stand by and have that drivel thrown at me ever.
Your opinions change like the wind, you are proof to me you can debate with a gate post for all the good it'll do you. Some people are just incapable of reasoned argument.

'It's a big club and you ain't in it'...Would that be the 'Tetchy Club' by any chance, membership ....1.?
To quote Groucho Marx.... I would not wish to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
Talk to yourself.

I retract nothing.

We have a perfectly capable hospital building on our doorstep, why the need to spend mine and the rest of the general public's money on a snazzy new out of town building??

Inspector Knacker

I won't sleep tonight.

eddy

Be interested to see examples in other constituencies where parties of any colour have been able to over turn the rule of rationalisation on the part of the NHS.  We are not the only town to see this happen.  Also the withdrawal of services continued post 2010 and we have seen nothing come back, suspect the right hon representative for Northalerton is finding out the "real" reasons why it happened and the difficulties effecting change   

Fundamentally the NHS needs proper funding to pay for the services which are required at the locations they are required.  Money is the key driver here, otherwise "difficult decisions" have to be made.

Also re-air brushing, I got another anecdote for you.  Hows about slashing public spending for 10 years then start (slowly) giving you some of the money that was taken away back, so long as you vote the right MP in.  You could call it "levelling up" maybe? Maybe spin the loss of heavy industry who were left to fail without gov support as a new halcyon era of investment.  Couple of grand at Facebook advertising so you really look like you are doing something to boot, people lap it up   

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2021, 03: PM
I won't sleep tonight.

QuoteSome people are just incapable of reasoned argument.