Poetry

Started by Ilyich, December 16, 2016, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilyich

First ever post folks-be gentle-I'm a sensitive soul. Despite being an avowed marxist I'm a regular reader of this site, broadly welcoming the critique of the worst Council leadership in living memory, though groaning at the right wing little englander stance of some of the posters. I always think a bit of culture is good for the soul and that a poetry thread might raise the tone. I've started it off with the bar set only just above the ground, with a plea to the many Labour party members and Councillors I know read this site. I'm sure you can all do better than this effort - come on, have a go!

Plea to the party members

some people call them the acker bilks

but thats an insult to the clarinet virtuoso

they've infested our great labour party

and knackered the town I love I just know so

Stephen's unfortunately backward

though politically incorrect I know is that term 

but incorrect lying politicians deserve it

no matter how much they're mentally infirm

Chris is our glorious leader

just a scheming vindictive snake

without a political bone in his body

just an ego the size of a lake

We must stand  together if we're ever to  rid

this disease in our party and town

lets get shot of the two akers belchers

lets unite to bring those daft bas**rds down

akarjl

Please confirm you are not one of the "poets" the snail insists in publishing in the letters page every night? Just a personal thing but I hate poetry and hope to God all poems are placed in a poetry section- which I will ignore. Especially drivel relating to our great labour part about as relevant as the Durham miners gala.....given their are no Durham miners.

As I said thats just me.

What's next a pigeon fanciers thread? Maybe "ball" room dancing more appropriate to clowncil activities?

Inspector Knacker

I'm afraid the 'great' Labour Party, if 'infested', should have cleansed itself. It apparently approves of the 'infestation'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

I wandered lonely as a post upon Hartlepool's finest political forum.